Sunday, April 15, 2012
The Flag Measures 80x135 It is Marked SS-FHA with a Heavy rope with two Nickle Clamps. The flag has some light soiling from being stored in an Attic foot locker sense 1945, bought it along with some German Police Magazines and pins.
The SS-Führungshauptamt (SS Leadership Main Office) (SS-FHA) was the operational headquarters of the SS. It was responsible for the administration of Officer Schools Junkerschulen, Medical services, logistics, and rates of pay. It was also the administrative and operational headquarters for the Waffen SS that was responsible for its Organisation and equipment and Order of battle of SS combat units.
The SS-Führungshauptamt, which was under the direct command of Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler, was formed in 1940 from some of the departments of the SS-Hauptamt and the Allgemeine SS.
Its main duty was the operational control of the Waffen-SS developing general policy on recruiting and handling special personnel requirements. By 1942, recruitment by the Allgemeine-SS had almost ceased as a result of WWII, meaning local units were responsible for maintaining their own staffing levels.
The SS-FHA had priority over all other branches of the Armed Forces in selection of recruits. Likewise, to meet the casualty rates and expansion of Waffen-SS field divisions, service in the Waffen-SS was made compulsory for all members of the Allgemeine-SS in 1941.
The SS-FHA also accepted personnel who requested voluntary transfer to the Waffen SS after being inducted into any another branch of the military of Hitlers Germany; This later included members of the Hitler Youth. When Himmler stepped down as SS-FHA chief in 1943, SS-Obergruppenführer Hans Jüttner managed the department till the end of the war.
Posted by Ich Kampfe at 4:22 PM